Saturday, November 12, 2011

Moments 2

Thanks to Summertime here is an add-on to Moments.

Shangri-Las - Past, Present And Future

(The past), past, well, now,
Let me tell you about the past.
The past is filled with silent joys,
And broken toys,
Laughing girls and teasing boys.
Was I ever in love?
I called it love.
I mean, it felt like love.
There were moments when,
Well, there were moments when...

(Present), go out with you?
Why not.
Do I like to dance?
Of course.
Take a walk along the beach tonight?
I'd love to.
But don't try to touch me,
Don't try to touch me.
'Cause that will never happen again,
Shall we dance?

Instrumental break.

(The future), tommorow?
Well, tommorow's a long way off.
Maybe someday I'll hold
Somebody's hand.
Maybe somewhere,
Someone will understand.
You know I used to sing,
"A tisket a tasket
A green and yellow basket."
I'm all packed up and I'm on my way.
And I'm gonna fall in love.
But at the moment it doesn't look good,
At the moment it will never happen again.
I don't think it will ever happen again.



PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE
Written by: Artie Butler, Jerry Leiber & George "Shadow" Morton.
Produced by: George "Shadow" Morton.
Performed by: The Shangri-Las11a2-1966.
Appears on: "Past, Present & Future" (B-side: "Paradise" 45 RPM)-1966, Teen Anguish, Vol. 2-1972* The Red Bird Story-1991*, Leader of the Pack-1992, 1999, 2003 & 2004; Myrmidons of Melodrama-1994 & 2002, The Shangri-Las Greatest Hits-19963, The Best of the Shangri-Las-1996, 1999 & 2003, The Very Best of the Shangri-Las-2000, 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection-2002, Gold Collection: Feelin' Groovy-2004*, The Leaders of the Pack-2005, Golden Legends: The Shangri-Las-2006, The Shangri-Las Remembered-2008, et al. (*Compilation of various artists.)

No comments:

Post a Comment